Rangefinders are an extraordinarily useful tool that both pro and amateur golfers should have on the golf course for accurate measurement of the distance to objects such as hazards, greens, and pins, and to also determine the best club to hit.
To obtain yardages can be very difficult if you do not own a rangefinder and this is why we recommend you own one if you can afford it for the best secrets of playing your game well. (better distance control). There are so many rangefinder options to choose from across many different brands, depending on your budget and preferences but mainly in this article, we’ll review and compare the Callaway 300 Pro and Precision Pro NX7 as some of the best golf rangefinders.
Specifically, we will discuss these rangefinders according to their features, their differences, what they have in common and what your benefits are when you buy them.
Callaway has been a household name when it comes to everything golf-related, with their sole aim of producing products that meet customers’ needs and are also durable.
When it comes to the best golf rangefinder brands, Callaway might not cross your mind meanwhile they take lead when it comes to the best rangefinder brands on the market with the Callaway 300 Pro.
The Callaway 300 Pro is one of the best golf rangefinders with several thousands of reviews on Amazon and an amazing rating compare to other rangefinders. This is a win for Callaway if we’ll say.
You get to choose whether you want to play with yards or meters to acquire accurate distance measurement as it comes equipped with a 6x magnification and a yardage range of 5-1000 yards with +/- 1-yard accuracy.
A new feature of the 300 Pro is Pin Acquisition Technology (P.A.T) with Pulse, which delivers a quick vibrating burst to confirm that you’ve locked onto the pin.
Another standout feature is the slope compensation that automatically calculates adjusted distances due to elevation changes, now comes with a highly visible, external on/off switch that can be easily disabled for legal tournament play.
Lastly Callaway 300 Pro has the Magnahold and Carabiner Closure that makes it easy to secure the rangefinder to your cart frame and also keep your tech safe from potential theft.
- Weight: 0.34 pounds
- Range: 5-1000 yards/300+ yards to a flag
- Magnification: 6x
- Accuracy: +/-1 yard
- Tournament Legality: Yes
- Slope Compensation
- Pin Locking Technology
- Rain/Fog Resistant
Why You Should Buy:
- The ability to toggle the slope on/off means you can participate in tournaments.
- The newly added magnet grip technology enables you to attach your device to the frame of your cart which means you can’t misplace your rangefinder again.
- The P.A.T notifies you with a vibration, that gives you an assurance that you have locked onto the pin and can hit your shot without fear.
- The water and fog resistance means even on rainy days, you get to use your device non-stop.
- The birdie chirp sound interrupts other players
- Some reviews mentioned short battery life
- It can be difficult to read if light levels are low
- Unreliable readings
The Callaway 300 Pro rangefinder costs $200(as of the time of review) on Amazon and is among the best budget golf rangefinder with the same features just like other premium rangefinders.
Precisions are known brands when it comes to golf rangefinders, they produce quality and value golf rangefinder that is well worth the money.
The Precision Pro NX7 Golf Rangefinder is the most cutting-edge golf rangefinder today, that comes loaded with technology in a compact design, accessories, a great warranty, and above all at a reasonably priced.
With just a button press you enjoy exact yardage readings, NX7 measures within one yard of any target and can measure distances up to 1/10th yard. Its design is small enough to easily fit in your pocket, plus the shockproof design allows it to withstand all weather conditions.
An exceptional feature that made NX7 one of the best rangefinders is the adaptive slope technology that calculates the uphill or downhill effect of any shot so you can pick the perfect club. You can switch off the slope features to keep the device tournament legal.
The 6x magnification made it very easy to shoot pins, and you will have no trouble getting it to accurately lock onto flags up to 400 yards away. Thankfully, the LED screen can be read in sunlight or darkness.
You don’t need to guess if you hit the target as the pulse vibration technology combined with the target acquisition technology gives a quick Pulse when locked onto the target ensuring accurate distances to the target.
Precision Pro NX7 comes with lifetime battery replacement services, 2-year warranty, trade-in allowance, and 90-Day no-hassle returns.
- 6x Magnification
- 650 Yard Range
- Accuracy: +/-1 yard
- Lifetime Battery Replacement
- Adaptive Slope Technology
- Pulse Vibration Technology
- Crystal Clear Optics
- 2-year warranty
- 90 days money-back guarantee
Why You Should Buy:
- NX7 comes with an industry-free battery replacement means you don’t have to buy a battery when it’s time for a replacement.
- It has the best quality build construction and ergonomic design.
- NX7 gives players adaptive slope technology, pulse vibration, and clearer optics.
- The Pulse Vibration helps you add confidence to your every shot.
- Quick read time
- Lacks magnetic grip attachment
- Settings and personalization are very minimal
Currently, Precision Pro NX7 Pro is been sold at $199. For $199, this is a fantastic rangefinder that has almost all of the features of a high-quality rangefinder. The NX7 combines functionality with performance to help golfers save money and also get the accurate yardage they need.
Similarities & Differences Between Callaway 300 Pro Vs Precision Pro NX7
For every rangefinder you buy, the main goal is to give an accurate measurement of distance which will help improve your game. However, there are some features you’ll notice in some rangefinders, that yours may not possess. Quickly, we’ll state the major differences and the similarities between the Callaway 300 Pro Vs Precision Pro NX7 below.
- Both Callaway 300 Pro and Precision Pro NX7 come with slope compensation for elevation changes (downhill and uphill) and are accurate to within 1yard.
- Both Callaway 300 Pro and Precision Pro NX7 have pulse vibration technology that delivers a quick vibrating burst to confirm that you’ve locked onto the pin.
- They both are water-resistant and come with a 2-year limited warranty.
- They both are tournament legal with just a toggle switch.
- Both possess a magnification power of 6x
- Callaway 300 Pro emits a “birdie” audio chirp when it locks onto the flag while Precision Pro NX7 vibrates.
- Callaway 300 Pro comes with a 30 days performance refund guarantee while the Precision Pro NX7 has a 90-days money-back guarantee.
- Only the Callaway 300 Pro comes with a magnetic grip that can be used on golf carts.
- Only Precision Pro NX7 comes with a free lifetime battery replacement service with product registration and trade-in allowance.
- Precision Pro NX7 has a maximum range to the flag of 400 yards while Callaway 300 Pro has a range of 300 yards.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Does the Precision Pro NX7 have a slope feature?
The Precision Pro Golf NX7 Pro Slope Golf Range Finder has been re-designed and engineered with a slope compensation feature. With a faster laser speed and new ergonomic design, the Pro Slope technology makes it user-friendly and helps you select the correct golf club.
What’s included with the Precision Pro NX7?
Both the standard and slope models come with a rangefinder, carrying case, manual/product cards, battery, and a lint-free cleaning cloth.
How do you change the battery in a Precision Pro NX7?
- Open the battery door by sliding the panel away from the eyepiece.
- Remove the old battery and insert the new battery to match the image shown inside.
- Put the battery door back on and secure it tightly.
- Check the viewfinder to make sure the battery is fully charged and operating correctly.
- Double-check that the battery door is on securely.
What does Adaptive slope mean?
Adaptive Slope Technology provides you with compensated distance based on whether a target is uphill or downhill from your location. For example, a 156.8-yard uphill shot of 7 degrees really plays at 176.8 yards
How do you use a Callaway 300 Pro?
- While looking through the Eye Piece, PRESS and RELEASE the Power Button. The rangefinder is now powered on.
- To focus/increase clarity, use the Diopter Adjustment by turning the Eye Piece.
- Continue looking through the Eye Piece, aim the Zero-In Aiming Square at your intended target and Press the Power Button.
- The laser will fire and the Laser Indicator Box will appear around the Zero-In aiming square. The measurement will be displayed at the top of the LCD
How do i clean Callaway 300 Pro Rangefinder?
- To clean, use only a soft, clean cloth to prevent scratches.
- Do not submerge in liquid or apply any cleaning products.
- Do not store in extremely hot/cold temperatures (<50°F – >110° F).
- Store in carrying case when not in use.
Is it possible to charge the Callaway 300 Pro rangefinder?
No, it’s not a rechargeable golf rangefinder. It comes with a replaceable CR2 battery.
We want you to know that rangefinders can be on the expensive side, but you will find a high-quality model that fits your budget and also some basic features like the speed, accuracy battery life and waterproof design are things to consider when buying a rangefinder.
For golfers who need precise measurements to improve their game, Callaway 300 Pro is our recommended rangefinder for you, it offers you accurate distance measurements in just seconds and has an easy-to-use interface that makes it accessible for players of all levels.
Intermediate and advanced golfers, Precision Pro NX7 is a perfect choice for you, it is very easy to use, has a very compact size which makes it handling a breeze, and the reliablity is top notch.
Whatever your choice is, we hope you enjoy the features when you get them. Kindly share this guide with your buddies. Thank you.