One of the most common questions our readers do ask is; what are the best golf clubs for beginner men golfers? This can be a confusing choice to make but in this article, we’ll tell you exactly what golf equipment we think are the best mens golf clubs for beginners.
Since both male and female beginner golfers do lack the knowledge of the game gear and what features to look out for in a set of good quality clubs, major confusion as to what to buy will be inevitable.
Also, since there are quite a wide variety of men’s beginner clubs available from different golf equipment brands, it will be more of a daunting task to choose the best mens golf clubs for beginners without having enough experience from long years of playing the game.
In this post on the best mens golf clubs for beginners, we’ll recommend the best men’s beginners golf club sets, golf drivers, and golf irons. We’ll also answer a few of the questions you may have when buying golf clubs.
What Are The Golf Clubs Needed For A Beginner? Top 5 Recommendations For Men.
- Overall Best: Tour Edge Golf- Bazooka 470 Black Complete Set.
- Amazon Bestseller: Callaway Golf Men’s Strata Complete Set Hand Steel.
- Best Alternative: Tour Edge 2020 Men’s Bazooka 270 Full Golf Set.
- Wilson Sporting Goods Golf Men’s Complete Set.
- Top Choice: Cobra Golf 2019 Men’s XL Speed Complete Golf Set.
- Most Affordable Set: Precise M5 Men’s Complete Golf Clubs Set.
As a beginner or a high handicapper, if you want to hit perfectly with a moderate swing speed, golf clubs will be a good start. Different types of golf clubs are designed in different ways but the main purpose of a club is to loft the ball perfectly.
Practice with an individual club or try different clubs. First, make sure you are selecting the right club made for a beginner. Remember, using the wrong golf club will make your game difficult, and using the right club will improve your game level. Stay with us and learn what are the best men’s golf clubs set for beginners you can buy to have a perfect start.
1. Tour Edge Golf- Bazooka 470 Black Complete Set.
The new 18 pounds weighted Bazooka 470 Black complete men’s package set features all-new more aerodynamic head shapes that provide the optimal Center of Gravity designed to make every shot on the course easier to hit.
WHAT IS IN THE BAG?
- 460cc Titanium Powered Driver: Powers tee shots with high-flying and accurate performance.
- Fairway Woods #3 & #5,
- Hybrids #4 & #5 brings accuracy and forgiveness into your play,
- Irons 6, 7, 8, 9, PW, SW their sweet spots delivers powerful, straight, high launch.
- Putter: The 470 Black putter features a high-MOI design to maximize the putter’s stability through the putting stroke.
- Golf Stand Bag & Cart Bag.
Best Alternative Golf Clubs Set For TourEdge 470 is Tour Edge 2020 Men’s Bazooka 270 Full Golf Set
2. Callaway Golf Men’s Strata Complete Set Hand Steel.
The Callaway Golf Men’s Strata Complete Set is designed to meet beginner golfers’ needs in the best way possible. If you are a beginner and you are looking for longer shots, more control, and more confidence, try this set of clubs. Its overall performance and all-around technological advancement will ensure you a good start.
As one of the best mens golf clubs for beginners, the Strata Tour Package Set was chosen due to its engineering designs that were crafted to give you high performance on every club for better shots from tee-to-green.
The lightweight forged driver, fairway wood, hybrids, irons, and putter make up a set that provides a great combination of distance, forgiveness, and control.
WHAT IS IN THE BAG?
- Driver: A lightweight 460cc forged driver that has a large sweet spot designed for distance and forgiveness that will help you hit it farther off the tee – Headcover included,
- Fairway Wood: The fairway wood is very forgiving and has a more aerodynamic head shape for long, high-flying shots – Headcover included,
- Hybrid: A great alternative to difficult long irons.
- Irons/Wedge: These stainless steel irons offer excellent performance with a combination of forgiveness and control.
3. Wilson Sporting Goods Golf Men’s Complete Set.
Although there are beginner men’s golf club sets out there better than Wilson Men’s Golf clubs but, for the price, this set of golf clubs is the best around. The clubs hold up to balls and heads pretty well!
WHAT IS IN THE BAG?
- Driver: features a large sweet spot and aerodynamic design to improve head speed and deliver greater distance
- Irons: Deep, undercut stainless steel cavity-back irons are precision engineered for longer, straighter shots,
- Fairway Wood,
- Premium Carry bag features adjustable shoulder straps, a rugged handle top, numerous pockets, and a self-activating stand.
4. Cobra Golf 2019 Men’s XL Speed Complete Golf Set.
The 20 pounds Cobra Men’s golf club set comes in a very affordable price range that is preferred by most beginners. With large sweet spots and a great feel on impact, this is an ideal choice as one of the best men’s golf clubs for beginners good for you.
The men’s Cobra XL Speed Complete Set is the perfect starter set for those just getting into the game. Lightweight, easy-to-hit clubs allow you to focus on having a great time on the course, while simultaneously growing your passion for the game.
WHAT IS IN THE BAG?
The 13-piece men’s Cobra XL Speed complete set features a forgiving driver, fairway woods, hybrids, and iron designs that are each engineered to deliver maximum distance and forgiveness. The includes driver, 3 and 5 wood, 4 and 5 hybrids, 6-9 irons, Pitching Wedge, Sand Wedge, Blade Putter, and a Cart Bag.
5. Precise M5 Men’s Complete Golf Clubs Set.
Our most affordable best mens golf clubs for beginners is the Precise M5 Men’s Complete set, with under $300 USD you are proudly a complete set owner.
So, if you have been looking for beginner golf clubs for your tall height, this should be yours in your 5 best lists. The Precise M5 men’s club set includes 460cc driver, 3 wood, 21 Hybrid, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW stainless irons, putter, deluxe stand bag, and 3 headcovers.
The Precise M5 men’s club set appears with a new look and style that has a great appeal to the golfers. If you are a tall person, there is good news for you. These club sets come in a standard size as well as one made for the taller right-handed golfers.
You get all the basic clubs in this set at an affordable price. And you will require these basic clubs at the very beginning of your game. Even if you are an intermediate player, you will probably love these clubs.
WHAT IS IN THE BAG?
- Titanium Driver,
- S.S. Fairway,
- S.S. Hybrid,
- S.S. 5-PW Irons,
- Stand Bag,
- 3 Headcovers.
Best Golf Clubs For Beginners To Intermediate: Top 3 Drivers
However, if you are looking for drivers that stands as the best golf clubs for beginners to intermediate then here are the top 3 recommendations for the best mens golf drivers for beginners;
1. TaylorMade SIM MAX Driver.
- Revolutionary new shape with an Aerodynamic Asymmetric Sole and Inertia generator increases speed while rear weighting improves forgiveness.
- Speed Injected technology brings every club face up to the legal limit of speed on shots hit all over the face.
- Twist Face corrective face angles provide forgiveness in the areas golfers tend to mis-hit the ball the most.
- Sliding weight lets you personalize performance with up to 20 yards of a draw or fade bias.
- Adjustable loft sleeve lets you fine-tune performance at +/- 2°Carbon, titanium, steel construction precisely places weight in the head to create a low center of gravity and high MOI.
- Stock shaft: Mitsubishi Diamana S Limited 60 graphite, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 graphite.
- Stock grip: Golf Pride Z-Grip.
2. Callaway Golf Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver.
The Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero is the ultimate combination of low-spin and high MOI in a driver, led by new Flash Face Technology.
Callaway Golf Epic Flash Driver Features
- Flash Face’s sophisticated architecture was created by Artificial Intelligence – the first known instance of using A. I. in the golf industry – to create a radically different face.
- Jailbreak Technology features two internal bars that stiffen and stabilize the crown and sole, placing more impact load on the face to promote faster ball speed.
- Adjustable Perimeter Weighting gives golfers the power to easily promote draws, fades, or a straighter flight.
- The advanced head shape and internal weighting create a rare combination of high MOI and low spin in a player’s driver, resulting in more forgiveness and longer distance.
3. Cobra Golf 2020 Men’s Speedzone Driver.
How To Choose Golf Clubs For Beginners: Golf Club Buying Guide.
Avoid buying expensive and professional golf club sets
Expensive golf club sets are irresistible as they are packed with the latest technologies and features. But as a beginner, we don’t recommend buying them even if you can afford them.
You can talk with golf gurus and pros, and every one of them will tell you to start with affordable beginner level clubs.
The reason behind this is simple.
As a beginner, you need to practice often, and there’s a necessity for a lot of experimentation. You don’t want to break your expensive clubs. And it’s easy to say you might even cut your practice time to care for your clubs.
Many of you who believe using professional clubs will make you a better player, you’re thinking it wrong. The result will be the opposite. Professional clubs come with various features and options that might give you a hard time and leave you frustrated.
Beginner level clubs are affordable and will help you increase your confidence by hitting hard and far.
Choose mid to large clubhead size
Golf clubs with large clubheads is what you should be aiming at as a beginner. Because you will be getting a larger sweet spot that can provide you forgiveness on mishits. And who doesn’t mishit when just starting out.
We recommend using 450 to 460 cc drivers. This is a practical and proven driver head size range for beginners.
We have 4 differences explained between irons professional use and beginners should use.
Pros often choose shallow cavity back and even just plain blades. You should go for a deeper cavity back that adds weight to the club perimeter.
Pros go for a narrow sole club, but for you wide sole should be the first priority.
Pros go for low clubhead offset from the shaft. Because you are a beginner, the offset should be higher in your clubs.
Pros use a small faced club with a tight sweet spot because they have more control. You as a beginner should look for large to mid-size clubheads with a large sweet spot for forgiveness on mishits.
Cast irons are the best way to start golfing
Good beginner golf iron clubs are cast irons. This is to keep the weight spread around the perimeter and makes the clubs very forgiving.
The forged irons are nevertheless popular choice of the pros. These clubs have their center of gravity in front of the club and have a tighter sweet spot. Pros hit them hard and fast with very little off-center hits and get higher reward with forged irons.
If they were like you hitting off-center shots and frequent mishits, we would have recommended cast irons to them too.
Choosing between Graphite and steel shafts
Many golf clubs have graphite shafts and that’s the reason they are so lightweight. So, for beginners getting the feel of hitting the ball faster and gain more distance is necessary.
Hence, graphite shafts are more common in good beginner golf clubs. But this applies for woods more.
For irons steel shafts does the job perfectly. Iron graphite shafts are also preferable, although not mandatory.
Understand your swing speed
If you are one of a kind hitting the ball as fast as Tiger woods or other pros, you can go for stiff flex club shafts.
But presuming that might still be a bit of practice and time to master, a fley shaft is the right way to approach golf clubs. Regular flex is highly recommended for beginners with average swing speed.