In 2011, Master Hideki Matsuyama (pictured above) was an amateur at the same competition he came to win ten years later as a professional number-ranked golf player in the world. The journey to be becoming one of the best golfers is by carefully selecting your golf accessories most especially your golf clubs.
In the article, we are going to help you unveil the best golf clubs for beginners UK, including the best ladies golf clubs for beginners UK, best golf set for beginners UK, the best putter for beginners UK, and the full set of hybrid golf clubs UK that are affordable for beginners that want to someday become a PRO or just playing golf around the globe for the business networking purpose and leisure.
The Best Golf Set For Beginners UK ( Best Golf Clubs For Beginners UK )
Are you new to the game of golf and you are not ready to invest over £1,000 into a set of clubs? That’s OK. Some of the best golf clubs for beginners UK listed in this article are way below £500, so you won’t need to break the bank to get them.
Whether you’re a newbie or just play from time to time, you don’t need to spend an exorbitant amount of money to furnish your golf bag. You can find sets — complete with drivers, woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, putters, and bags — for £350 and under.
And they’re perfect for beginners. As a new player, you don’t need advanced clubs like the pros to use. You need clubs that are made for the beginner — those that offer extra forgiveness on off-centre hits, those that help you get underneath the golf ball for easy launch, and those that will promote game improvement.
Here is the list of the best golf clubs or set for beginners in UK (not in any particular order)
- Wilson Profile XD Men’s Complete All Graphite Golf Package Set – Overall Best Expert Pick #1
- Ben Sayers M8 Package Set
- Wilson Men’s Stretch Golf Club 10-Club Set with Stand Bag
- Callaway Men’s Strata Plus Complete Golf Set (16-Piece)
- PROSIMMON X9 V2 GOLF CLUBS
- Callaway Unisex’s Edge 10 Piece Golf Set-Right Handed
- Rife RX2 Right-Hand Package Set –
- COSTWAY Men’s Golf Clubs Package Set
- Ram Golf EZ3 Mens Golf Clubs Set
- SENCILLON Men’s Golf Clubs Full Set Complete Golf Club Set
- Woodworm ZOOM V2 Men’s Golf Clubs Package Set with Bag – Most Affordable Golf Club Sets For Men
- MacGregor Men’s DCT2000 Golf Club Package Set with Golf Bag
Related Reads: 10 Best Men’s Golf Clubs For Beginners
Our overall best golf clubs for beginners UK is the Wilson’s Men’s Golf Brand golf club set that was made with graphite for beginners, intermediate, and some low handicappers.
WHAT IS IN THE BAG?
The Wilson Profile XD Men’s Complete All Graphite Golf Package Set came along with a deluxe stand Bag and the following;
- Driver: features a large sweet spot and aerodynamic design to improve head speed and deliver greater distance
- Irons: Deep, undercut stainless steel cavity-back irons are precision engineered for longer, straighter shots,
- Fairway Wood,
CALLAWAY STRATA ULTIMATE FULL SET Strata Ultimate is designed for ultimate distance and ultimate performance and forgiveness for every club in the bag. Expect longer shots with ease, more control, and more confidence, all at an incredible value with modernized golf technology to cover you from tee to green.
WHAT IS IN THE BAG?
- Driver: A lightweight 460cc forged driver that has a large sweet spot designed for distance and forgiveness that will help you hit it farther off the tee – Headcover included,
- Fairway Wood: The fairway wood is very forgiving and has a more aerodynamic head shape for long, high-flying shots – Headcover included,
- Hybrid: A great alternative to difficult long irons.
- Irons/Wedge: These stainless steel irons offer excellent performance with a combination of forgiveness and control.
- Headcovers that perfectly match the bag color.
- Premium Stand bag.
The Wilson Men’s Stretch Golf Club is a fabulous beginner set, more experienced players would probably go for a more expensive version of this but when you want something that is completely designed for beginners and casual golfers this is one of the best golf clubs for beginners you can find online in the UK.
The Wilson Stretch XL Complete Golf Club Set is the perfect solution for beginners and casual players, with everything you need to start playing right away.
This amazing golf set is comprised of a lightweight, five compartment stand bag and 10 Wilson Stretch XL golf clubs: driver, 3 wood, 5 hybrids (replaces the 5 iron), 6, 7, 8, and 9 irons, pitching wedge, sand wedge, and putter.
Ben Sayers’ 12-club M8 package sets offer everything you will need to get out on the course and are a perfect setting for those golfers who are new to the game or those who want to buy a high-quality set of clubs for a very reasonable price.
All of the M8 woods come fitted with regular flex graphite shafts and the irons are available with either graphite or steel shafts, all of which are designed to increase swing speed and promote a high-launching ball flight.
Ben Sayers golf set includes a premium stand bag that has an 8-way divider top to ensure your clubs are kept separated and protected whilst in use. The bags also feature 7 spacious pockets, including a velour-lined valuables pocket and an insulated cooler pocket.
WHAT IS IN THE BAG?
Ben Sayers M8 men’s package golf sets contain 12 regular flex clubs, the 12 clubs in the set include 10.5° driver, 15° 3-wood, 20° 5-wood, 23° hybrid, 7 stainless steel irons from 5 iron to SW, and a Mallet putter.
Prosimmon doesn’t make clubs for professionals, they build clubs for guys who don’t nail every shot, but are looking to get round as low as they can, and improve with every shot.
Forgiveness and ease of use are paramount in this set. Whether it’s the oversized 460cc driver with a massive sweet spot, the easy to use hybrid clubs that replace the hard long irons, or the cavity stainless steel irons built to be more consistent even on off-centre strikes, everything is geared towards making your bad shots less bad, and your good shots even better.
Best Golf Clubs For Teenage Beginners
7. Wilson Men’s and Teen Complete Golf Set – Overall Best For Teenagers
Best Ladies Golf Clubs For Beginners UK – Top 5 Picks
What is the difference between men’s and women’s golf clubs?
There are two key differences between men’s and women’s golf clubs – length and weight. Women’s golf clubs are 1/2″ shorter than men’s and tend to have a lighter shaft, making the overall golf club lighter.
This design creates more control and the shorter club length are generally more suited to female golfers who, on average, are shorter.
Some golfers are surprised to learn women’s clubs are only 1/2″ shorter. However, the key measure for club length is wrist distance to the ground. Shorter individuals (men and women) tend to have shorter arms, meaning golf club length doesn’t have to vary as much as you might think.
Here are the best ladies golf clubs for beginners UK (not in any particular order)
- Callaway Women’s Solaire Complete Golf Set (11 Piece)
- Confidence Power III Ladies Right Hand Golf Petite Clubs Set + Bag
- MacGregor Women’s CG2000 Ladies Golf Club Package Set & Cart Bag
- Ram Golf Accubar Petite Golf Clubs Set – Graphite Shafted Woods and Irons
- FORIDE Women’s Golf Club Set Complete Right Handed Golf Club Set
- Ram Golf EZ3 Ladies Petite Golf Clubs Set with Stand Bag
Best Putter For Beginners UK – Top 4 Picks
The putter is by far the most-used club in your bag to the extent that an adage was created for its importance; “drive for show, putt for dough”. The putter is that one club that can salvage a round of golf or ruin it completely.
The best way for you to improve your golf scores as a beginner is to eliminate three-putts and increase your one-putt frequency. While the best way to get better at putting is through lessons and practice, you have to start with a putter that you can aim at your target line and control the distance of the putt with.
Here are the best putter for beginners UK;
- Ben Sayers Men’s Xf Pro Stainless Steel Putter
- Teardrop Golf Roll-Face 2 Putter
- Wilson Staff Women’s Infinite Golf Putter, Steel
- Ram Golf Laser Model 1 Putter
Best Golf Clubs For Beginners To Intermediate
As a beginner or intermediate golfer, it can be tough to know which golf clubs to buy. The most important thing when you want to become a professional golfer is to choose the right golf clubs
The 3 brands below will definitely be the right choices for you.
- Wilson Men’s Stretch Golf Club 10-Club Set
- Wilson Women’s Stretch Golf Club 9-Club Set
- MacGregor Men’s CG2000 Steel Irons Graphite Woods Golf Club
The Wilson Men’s Stretch Golf Club 10-Club Set makes it easy for beginners and intermediate players to get started. The kit includes everything one needs, including a height of 167-186 cm, Wood is titanium/steel, irons are 17-4 stainless steel.
This lightweight, five compartment stand bag and all ten pieces in it will be enough for any golfer’s game. From driver to putter, 3 wood, 5 hybrids (replaces the 5 iron), 6, 7, 8 and 9 irons, pitching wedge and sand wedge
These best golf clubs for beginners to intermediate is available in five models: standard right hand, standard left hand, extended length, graphite, and extended length graphite.
PRODUCT GREAT FEATURES
- Complete set of golf clubs with stand bag
- 10 Wilson Stretch XL clubs: driver, 3 wood, 5 hybrid, 6-9 irons, pitching wedge, sand wedge and putter
- Stand bag with dual shoulder straps is lightweight and easy to carry
- Five compartments for clubs and pockets for storing tees, balls, and beverages
Our #2 pick for the best golf clubs for beginners to intermediate is the Wilson Women’s Stretch Golf Club 9-Club Set. This club set comes with a driver that has a 10.5-degree loft for long, straight shots from the tee and 5 wood which can be used on fairway hits as well 6 hybrid replacements of your everyday irons.
With a height of 161-180 cm, Wood is titanium/steel, irons are 17-4 stainless steel, The Wilson Stretch XL Complete Golf Club Set is the perfect solution for beginners and intermediate players
It is available in three models: standard right hand, standard left hand and extended length.
PRODUCT GREAT FEATURES
- Nine Wilson Stretch XL clubs: driver, 5 wood, 6 hybrid, 7-9 irons, pitching wedge, sand wedge and putter
- Lightweight cart bag with shoulder strap in attractive colour combination
- Complete set of golf clubs with stand bag
This premium golf club set includes a carefully chosen selection of clubs that will help you tackle any course and be ready in time with their dependable quality.
The MacGregor Men’s CG2000 Steel Irons Graphite Woods Golf Club contains a 460cc Titanium Matric Driver, Ti-Matrix Driver, fairway wood, hybrid, stainless steel irons from 6-SW (7-SW For Ladies), Putter also included is a hybrid club designed with a low centre of gravity for maximum precision and performance.
- Brand: MACGREGOR
- Item Weight: 6 Kilograms
- Shaft Material: Alloy Steel/ Graphite
- Material: Nylon
- Color: Steel
The best golf clubs for beginners UK come with different picks and desires but the above-listed golf clubs set are the best you can find in the UK golf market.